ShadowInk Designs Studio
As above, so below, discover the secrets of the hollow! Action RPG Adventure for Nintendo Switch, PC, Linux, and Mac. Step into the world of Anthropia where you can dynamically change the world environment. Will you help the empires of the world, or destroy them? Four different classes with unique stories, and around a dozen party units to summon at the barracks. ( Build your own party + Couch COOP)
Crescent Hollow began with an overworld map and a logo in 2015. From there we decided to go in the classic RPG SNES art style approach. When it comes to the main arc and loop, the goal was to have a classic RPG world that people were familiar with, but could finally change in some way. What way you say? Well you need to play to see it! Plenty of hints are given to see what direction Crescent Hollow is going in, story-wise. Without giving away too much, we can safely say that each character you play has its own story, then they all meet up in the middle eventually, for a grand adventure that has been well thought out.
• There are currently 4 classes to choose from: Airship Pirate, Ninja, Druid, or Dark Knight. All 4 classes have been fully animated, have their own unique intro story, and wield around 20 powers each.
• Real-time action combat, each class has about twenty powers and four to six standard attacks with their class weapon.
• Dynamic airship battle system that allows you to experience real-time combat in the skies. You can fire cannons, upgrade your cannons, customize your sail, and you will have to repair your hull after certain battles.
• Complex, yet comprehensive stat system, complete with resists for player, party and enemy.
• So far there are about 30 fully animated creatures in the game, half of them can be gained via quests and can be commanded with command scrolls, then summoned at the barracks. (*not all enemies can be turned into party units.) When you buy command scrolls at the barracks, and then use a command scroll, it has a 15% chance of absorbing the soul of special enemies in, then it turns into a command card. From there you can summon that particular creature at the barracks. Plenty of bosses to fight!
• Three controllable party members called “Party Units”, mix and match them, level them up, unlock new powers. The barracks buildings can be found in any major Empire or town, and is used to summon your party units. *Each class starts off with their own unique party units.
• Experience combat with up to four friends. (refer to Kickstarter video for more footage)
• HARVEST, CRAFT, BUILD. Harvest items from plants, trees, enemies. Craft potions from the alchemy station, weapons/armor at the anvil, cook food from the campfire. Gather wood, stone, and ore to build your empire from the ground up. You will also be able to farm. The build system ties into the games main story quest, it will all make sense as you play. For now, we will explain the best we can since build mode is not in the DEMO. In the near future, we will release a build mode DEMO since the system is quite complex.
• Around a dozen biomes, each highly detailed and fleshed out. Multiple overworld maps. Explore the islands of the seas and the skies.
• The day/night cycle is connected to a global clock. There is also a calendar that keeps track of every day of each month so that events can be triggered any day of the month. As day turns into night it becomes especially dangerous as there are exclusive nighttime creatures that spawn.
Fully customized music to bring the world of Crescent Hollow to life. The composer has brought her unique sounds in creating modern retro style music.
ShadowInk Designs Studio
Based in United States
1 April, 2018